In this article, you’ll learn how to delete a user account on Nintendo Switch.Important: Deleting a user account will delete all save data associated to the account. Save data cannot be restored once it is deleted.
Note: If the user account is linked to a Nintendo Account, the Nintendo Account will not be deleted. However, software purchased with the account cannot be played until the Nintendo Account is re-linked to a new user account.
Complete these steps
- Select System Settings from the HOME Menu.
- Scroll down to highlight Users, then select the appropriate user account to access the Profile Settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the settings and select Delete User.
- If a Parental Control PIN has been set for the system, you will be prompted to enter it to proceed. If you’ve forgotten the PIN, you can recover or reset it.
- Check the box next to Delete, then select Next.
- If a Nintendo Account is linked, select Confirm, then Unlink to remove the Nintendo Account link.
- Select Delete this User.
- Once the account has been deleted, select OK to return to the system.
Guide in video